Value-Based Purchasing for Your Health System
Since 2004, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have offered a reimbursement premium to hospitals that submit quality data. The 2010 Affordable Care Act brought both a carrot and a stick to hospital quality reporting in the form of Value-Based Purchasing (VBP), a mandatory “pay or play” program that pays hospitals based on the quality, rather than quantity, of their care. 30% of a hospital's performance is tied to patient experience.
Axial helps hospitals improve the patient experience by:
- enabling doctors and nurses to communicate the right information to the right patient every time
- zeroing in on patient concerns in real time
- allowing patients to learn at their own pace
- educating patients on the purpose of their medication
- giving patients a head start on managing their recovery and aftercare